COVID-19 Response at the Barenboim-Said Akademie
The Barenboim-Said Akademie is committed to the health and safety of its entire community. This page has the latest information about the measures against the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how it affects the academic activity, as well as the public events at the Akademie and Pierre Boulez Saal.
Latest Update: 15 November, 2021
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is our main priority. In line with the official measures put in place by the City of Berlin to combat the Coronavirus, the Barenboim-Said Akademie is implementing the following measures effective immediately (for the full current regulations, click here):
Public Events at Pierre Boulez Saal and the Akademie
We are pleased to welcome you back to the Pierre Boulez Saal for the 2021–22 season.To protect audiences, artists, and employees, specific protective and hygiene measures, coordinated with the authorities, are in effect. To make your ticket purchase and your visit as enjoyable and safe as possible, please note the following information:
- All visitors must present proof of full vaccination, or recovery (“2G rule”) in order to be admitted to the building.
- This rule applies every time you enter the building, even if you want to buy tickets at the box office. All tickets must be personalized.
- FFP2 masks are mandatory in the building at all times.
- You may take off your mask once you are seated. We recommend that you wear your mask during the performance as well.
- In accordance with the most recent measures against Covid infection of November 15, 2021, all seats in the auditorium will be occupied.
Please visit the website of the Pierre Boulez Saal for the latest detailed information.
- Access to the Akademie building is restricted to students and employees who can provide proof of full vaccination, recovery, or recent negative test (“3G rule”).
- The wearing of masks in all public spaces in the Akademie building is mandatory.
- Until further notice, all instruction at the Akademie will happen in-person.
- In exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, students are asked to contact the Student Office immediately, and stay home.
Contact the Registrar and Student’s Office
- Students can contact our Registrar and Student’s Office per email, or stop by during the Registrar Office Hours.
- Admissions for the 2022-23 Academic year will open November 1, 2021.
- While live auditions in Berlin is our preferred method of getting to know applicants, much can change between now and the audition period in Spring 2022. The Barenboim-Said Akademie reserves the right to cancel live auditions in Berlin on the travel restrictions, social distancing policies or possible general closure due to the pandemic. In this unfortunate case, we will look into remote options. Selected candidates will be contacted personally.
It is very important that all members of the community check their emails regularly for updates. As we continue to monitor this evolving situation, we are closely following the guidelines outlined by the city of Berlin (Coronavirus Hotline (030) 9028-2828). This page will also be updated as the situation develops.