COVID-19 Response at the Barenboim-Said Akademie
The Barenboim-Said Akademie is committed to the health and safety of its entire community. This page has the latest information about the measures against the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how it affects the academic activity, as well as the public events at the Akademie and Pierre Boulez Saal. We hope that by following the social distancing policies that are being enforced around the world, we will do our part to limit the spread of the COVID-19.
Latest Update: 22 April, 2020
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is our main priority. In line with the official measures put in place by the City of Berlin to combat the Coronavirus, the Barenboim-Said Akademie is implementing the following measures effective immediately:
The Building & Public Events
- The Akademie will be closed to the public and all group activities will not take place until further notice.
- The reception will be manned as usual to allow access only to students, faculty, and staff. For now, students are allowed to come to the Akademie for individual practice only.
- All concerts, conferences, and events in the Akademie and the Pierre Boulez Saal are postponed or canceled. Please visit the website of the Pierre Boulez Saal for more information.
- The Café Divan and the box office of the Pierre Boulez Saal in the Akademie's Foyer will be closed until further notice.
- The beginning of the Summer Semester is currently scheduled for April 20, 2020.
- The Barenboim-Said Akademie will be switching to online instruction for the start of the semester, following the call to Berlin's universities and academies to move to online teaching formats.
- We are currently reviewing study plans for the semester to start on that date and working on ways in which students can fulfill all curricular requirements even in the absence of direct physical interaction.
Contact the Registrar and Student’s Office
- Students can contact our Registrar and Student’s Office as usual per email, but in-person office hours are important for us.
- Akademie students can now sign up for our virtual office hours with our staff through the following link: https://go.oncehub.com/officehoursBSA.
- The meeting will take place in Zoom. There is no need for students to sign up for an account. We look forward to staying in touch!
- Given the recently enacted travel restrictions and social distancing policies, and the general closure until further notice of all German schools and universities for any events requiring a physical presence, we have no other option but to cancel live auditions in Berlin. Like all other curricular activities, entrance examinations for the 2020-21 Academic Year will be held in an online format.
- All those due to have an audition or
interview in April/May/June 2020 at the Barenboim-Said Akademie have been
contacted by the Admissions Office.
- We ask all pre-selected candidates to please make sure to check their emails regularly and add the "[email protected]" email to their contacts, to make sure our emails do not end up in your spam folder.
- The application status of our prospective students will not be impacted negatively by the current situation. All admissions decisions will be issued in June-July 2020 as originally planned.
It is very important that all members of the community check their emails regularly for updates. As we continue to monitor this evolving situation, we are closely following the guidelines outlined by the city of Berlin (Coronavirus Hotline (030) 9028-2828). This page will also be updated as the situation develops.