COVID-19 Response at the Barenboim-Said Akademie
The Barenboim-Said Akademie is committed to the health and safety of its entire community. This page has the latest information about the measures against the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how it affects the academic activity, as well as the public events at the Akademie and Pierre Boulez Saal. We hope that by following the social distancing policies that are being enforced around the world, we will do our part to limit the spread of the COVID-19.
Latest Update: 10 June, 2021
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is our main priority. In line with the official measures put in place by the City of Berlin to combat the Coronavirus, the Barenboim-Said Akademie is implementing the following measures effective immediately:
The Building & Public Events
To protect audiences, artists, and employees, specific protective and hygiene measures, coordinated with the authorities, are in effect. Please visit the website of the Pierre Boulez Saal for the latest detailed information.
- The Winter Semester 2020-21 will begin on October 19, 2020.
- The wearing of masks in all public spaces in the Akademie building is mandatory.
- We have determined maximum capacity for all seminar and practice rooms at the Akademie in order to make in-person instruction possible.
- Courses that exceed room capacity will be conducted online.
- In exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, students are asked to contact the Student Office immediately, and stay home.
Contact the Registrar and Student’s Office
- Students can contact our Registrar and Student’s Office per email, or stop by during the Registrar Office Hours.
- Admissions for the 2021-22 Academic year will open November 1, 2020.
- While live auditions in Berlin is our preferred method of getting to know applicants, much can change between now and the audition period in Spring 2021. The Barenboim-Said Akademie reserves the right to cancel live auditions in Berlin planned for April-May 2021 based on the travel restrictions, social distancing policies or possible general closure due to the pandemic. In this unfortunate case, we will look into remote options. Selected candidates will be contacted personally.
It is very important that all members of the community check their emails regularly for updates. As we continue to monitor this evolving situation, we are closely following the guidelines outlined by the city of Berlin (Coronavirus Hotline (030) 9028-2828). This page will also be updated as the situation develops.