COVID-19 Response at the Barenboim-Said Akademie
The Barenboim-Said Akademie is committed to the health and safety of its entire community. This page has the latest information about the measures against the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how it affects the academic activity, as well as the public events at the Akademie and Pierre Boulez Saal.
Latest Update: May 1, 2022
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is our main priority. In line with the official measures put in place by the City of Berlin to combat the Coronavirus, the Barenboim-Said Akademie is implementing the following measures effective immediately (for the full current regulations, click here):
Public Events at Pierre Boulez Saal and the Akademie
- As of Sunday, May 1, all Covid-related regulations regarding events at the Pierre Boulez Saal will be dropped, including the FFP2 mask mandate. We recommend, however, that you continue to wear an FFP2 mask during your visit.
- In accordance with the most recent measures against Covid infection of April 1, 2022, all seats in the auditorium will be occupied.
- The coat check will be open.
- Catering facilities open again on May 5.
- When exiting the hall, avoid queuing and keep a safe distance of 1.5 m from other visitors, especially at the coat check.
Please visit the website of the Pierre Boulez Saal for the latest detailed information.
- The wearing of FFP2 masks in public spaces in the Akademie building is mandatory.
- In exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, students are asked to contact the Student Office immediately, and stay home.
Contact the Registrar and Student’s Office
- Students can contact our Registrar and Student’s Office per email, or stop by during the Registrar Office Hours.
- While live auditions in Berlin is our preferred method of
getting to know applicants, much can change between now and the audition period
in Spring 2022. The Barenboim-Said Akademie reserves the right to cancel live
auditions in Berlin on the travel restrictions,
social distancing policies or possible general closure due to the pandemic. In
this unfortunate case, we will look into remote options. Selected candidates
will be contacted personally.
It is very important that all members of the community check their emails regularly for updates. As we continue to monitor this evolving situation, we are closely following the guidelines outlined by the city of Berlin (Coronavirus Hotline (030) 9028-2828). This page will also be updated as the situation develops.