Learn from the experts: great virtuosos and teachers
Prof. Mihaela Martin and Prof. Frans Helmerson will offer in February 2019 Classes in violin and cello in Cairo and Beirut to students with solid music foundation, and interested in pursuing undergraduate studies in music. This event is organized by the Barenboim-Said Akademie in cooperation with the Goethe Institut (Cairo) and with the Antonine University (Beirut).
Students need to prepare for their master class the following repertoire:
Cello: two works
- The first movement of one of the following concertos: Dvorak, Elgar, Haydn in C or D, Schumann
- One movement of a Bach suite
Violin: three works
- The first movement of a Mozart violin concerto
- One movement of a Bach partita or sonata for solo violin
- Choose one: either one movement from a Romantic or 20th-century violin concerto, or a caprice by Paganini or Wieniawski
Schedule of Classes: A maximum of 8 selected applicants will receive an individual lesson (45 minutes). The masterclasses will take place between 10 am and 17 pm.
Accompanist: If students wish to bring an accompanist, please let us know. Please bear in mind that there are no rehearsal times available.
Learn More & Register
For questions regarding the Barenboim-Said Akademie, please visit the website or send us an email to [email protected].